Wednesday, April 15, 2015

First of Many



Wednesday Workout

"Easy" 25 minute run. 
Approx. 2.75 miles



This run was the first of many. I was really excited to get started but that changed QUICKLY. Lets just say this was one of the worst runs I've completed. 

The first few steps I took, both my achilles tendons popped leaving my ankles and calves sore. After only 10 minutes, I was laboring pretty hard. I tried to keep pushing but my back started spasming. I walked for a few minutes and tried to continue. My body felt exhausted.....I got dizzy once I started to run again. I walked some more. Once I started running again, I had side-aches.....the list goes on and on. The worst part was the wind. It was INSANE today. Of course I have no endurance or strength built up so that vindictive breeze wore me down quickly.  

On the bright side, it was a beautiful day and I ran by a tree in full bloom, which, I had to snap a selfie in front of. The run didn't happen unless there is proof right?

This is a really wordy workout post and I apologize, however, I feel it was necessary to document the horrendousness of the run. Discouragement aside, I will not quit this time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment